If you have just had an accident, follow these simple steps:
- Call 911 if someone appears injured.
- Notify the police. Even if you are at fault, calling the police to file a report may protect you from exaggerated claims by the other party.
- Obtain the driver’s license and insurance information from the other parties involved.
- If you have a camera with you, take a picture of the accident scene. If you don’t have a camera with you, take pictures of your vehicle as soon as possible.
- Get the accident report number or a copy of the report from the officer on the scene.
- If your vehicle is towed, get the name and telephone number of the tow truck and ask where your vehicle will be taken.
- Obtain a copy of the accident report from the city using the report number obtained earlier.
- Notify ALL insurance companies involved.
- Provide Auto City or your Finance Company with the pictures and police report.
Never accept an offer to settle from the insurance company without first discussing your options with Auto City at 214-398-8204.
Continue to make your payments to preserve your credit rating.
When you receive an insurance check for the claim, you must bring the check, along with the repaired vehicle, and the repair bill to an Auto City account representative.